My LonMaker tool or LNS Application was working fine, but now it reports a license credit failure such as "LNS license failure. NS #147", "License expired", or "No credits available."
My LonMaker tool or LNS Application (such as 3rd party network integration tool) no longer works. How can I fix it?
The error messages say things like: "LNS license failure. NS #147", "License expired", or "No credits available."
Occasionally, software errors may prevent the licensing mechanism used by the LonMaker tool or LNS Applications from working properly.
Use the license checking procedure below to locate your license problem.
For LonMaker 3.1 and LNS Server 3.0 only: download and install the LNS Licensing Update 2006. You need to login to the download area to find this update. This will NOT fix your already corrupted license files; however, this will help prevent the license from becoming corrupted in the future. This license update is already included with LonMaker Turbo and LNS Turbo Server.
To fix the problem, use one of the following procedures (USE ONLY ONE - Procedure 1 is recommended):
Procedure 1 -- LicenseDiagnosticUtility:
- Download the LicenseDiagnosticUtility and save it anywhere on your computer.
- Run the tool by double clicking on LicenseDiagnosticUtility.exe. If the utility does not work, use Procedure 2 below.
- The tool will diagnose the license status and give you a solution to fix the problem.
Procedure 2 -- Checklic command:
- Open a Windows command prompt. To open a command prompt, click Windows Start > Run, and type cmd for Windows XP and Windows 2000, or type command for Windows 98. Then click OK.
- Type in one of the following commands, depending on the software product you are fixing (you can execute this command from any location). Press the Enter key at the end of the command:
Product Command LonMaker checklic lonmaker.vsl LNS Application checklic nsseng.exe LonScanner checklic130 lpa.exe LNS DDE Server checklic lnsdde.exe
- An example of a working license is shown below.
C:\>checklic nsseng.exe Echelon License Diagnostics Utility. Copyright (c) 1992-2002 Echelon Corporation. This tool is provided only for use by Echelon Technical Support and LNS Setup. SiteKeyVersion = 50 Initializing access to file path C:\WINDOWS\LNS Licenses\nsseng.exe CrypKeyVersion = 5.7 Current License Status: oplevel = 0xc restriction = 2 (By Credits) num_allowed = 564 num_used = 10 num_copies = 1 LNS Shared Options: deduction = ENABLED deficits level = 2 (500 credits) SDK = TRUE ============================================================ Generating site code... site code/PCKey = D23A C1C1 0664 665E 5D
- If your results show an error message, use the Error Message table below to find the appropriate Knowledge Base (KB) solution. An example of a corrupted license follows.
C:\>checklic lonmaker.vsl Echelon License Diagnostics Utility. : : SiteKeyVersion = 50 Initializing access to file path C:\WINDOWS\LNS Licenses\lonmaker.vsl InitCrypkey Error -103: NETWORK: REPLY FROM NETWORK DRIVER IS BAD
Error Message (code) Solution InitCrypkey Error -1: INITIALIZATION FAILURE KB541 GetAuthorization Error -4: AUTHORIZATION NOT PRESENT
GetAuthorization Error -1: INITIALIZATION FAILURE
KB545 GetAuthorization Error -15: RESTRICTION FILE MOVED KB548 InitCrypkey Error -102: NETWORK: NETWORK DRIVER APPEARS TO
NOT BE SERVING THIS DIRECTORY
InitCrypkey Error -103: NETWORK: REPLY FROM NETWORK DRIVER IS BAD
KB546 "GetAutorization Error -14: RESTRICTION FILE BAD CRC"
the license wizard is asking for an enormous positive or negative number credits to make up the deficit
For LonMaker 3.1 and LNS 3.0, remember to download the license update, as discussed at the beginning of this solution, to prevent continued corruption.
This solution applies to the following products:
- LNS 3.0
- LNS Turbo Edition (Ver 3.2)
- LonMaker 3.0
- LonMaker 3.1
- LonMaker Turbo (Ver 3.2)
Last Modified: 4/1/2014