I installed LonMaker using the wrong serial number. How do I change the LonMaker serial # so that I can generate a new license form with the correct serial number?
To change the LonMaker Serial number you will need to modify the windows registry. If you are not familiar with changing the Windows registry then you should contact someone in your IS department for assistance as making incorrect changes to the Windows registry can cause your PC to not run properly.
1. Close LonMaker.
2. Go to a Command or DOS prompt.
3. Type "regedit" in the command prompt to start Windows registry.
4. Go to the LonMaker For Windows Node in the left hand pane.
a. 32-bit Windows: "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\LonWorks\LonMaker For Windows"
b. 64-bit Windows: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\LonWorks\LonMaker For Windows"
5. In the right hand pane search for RegisteredSerialNumber.
6. Double click RegisteredSerialNumber, change the serial number to the new serial number, and click OK.
7. Close Windows Registry window (regedit).
8. Open LonMaker and check that the serial number has changed.
a. In the LonMaker Design Manager dialog (the first dialog that comes up) click the ball at the upper left corner or the blue banner at the top of the dialog and select "About Echelon LonMaker…". The serial number is in the middle of the screen.
Once you have completed this process you can then re-generate the license/credit form using the LonMaker Lincense Wizard and re-submit your request to email@example.com.
- LonMaker 3.1
- LonMaker Turbo (Ver 3.2)