I installed LonScanner using the wrong serial number. How do I change the LonScanner serial # so that I can generate a new license form with the correct serial number?
To change the LonMaker Serial number you will need to modify the windows registry. If you are not familiar with changing the Windows registry then you should contact someone in your IS department for assistance as making incorrect changes to the Windows registry can cause your PC to not run properly.
1. Close LonScanner.
2. Go to a Command or DOS prompt.
3. Type "regedit" in the command prompt to start Windows registry.
4. Go to the LonMaker For Windows Node in the left hand pane.
- a. Win XP: "My Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Echelon\Echelon LonScanner Protocol Analyzer"
- b. Win 7: "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Echelon\Echelon LonScanner Protocol Analyzer"
5. In the right hand pane search for RegisteredSerialNumber.
6. Double click RegisteredSerialNumber, change the serial number to the new serial number, and click OK.
7. Close Windows Registry window (regedit).
8. Open LonScanner.
Once you have completed this process you can then re-generate the license form using the LonScanner Lincense Wizard and re-submit your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.