Can I run the ShortStack 2.0 wizard on a machine that also has NodeBuilder 3.1, Service Pack 4, installed?
If a Neuron C model file was written using the ShortStack 2.0 guidelines/syntax, you can have NodeBuilder 3.1 Service Pack 3A or earlier installed with no compatibility issues. If you upgrade to Service Pack 4 and re-run the ShortStack 2.0 wizard using the same Neuron C model file to generate the base code for a ShortStack 2.0 device, you will see the following errors:
Warning: TEST2.NC 1( 1): One or more code constructs have no effect and were ignored [NCC#453] Error: The type info file C:\LonWorks\bin\Test2.nct seems malformed in line 11 [STK#24] Error: The type info file C:\LonWorks\bin\Test2.nct seems malformed in line 11 [STK#24] 2 error(s), 1 warning(s)
- If you are currently using ShortStack 2.0 for device development, do not apply Service Pack 4 to NodeBuilder 3.1.
- Upgrade to ShortStack 2.1.
- Uninstall Service Pack 4 and reapply Service Pack 3A to NodeBuilder.
To uninstall Service Pack 4 and reapply Service Pack 3A, use the following instructions. Please note the default for (LonWorks directory) is c:\LonWorks
- Uninstall Echelon NodeBuilder 3.10 Service Pack 4 using Add/Remove Programs from the Control Panel
- Delete the following files in (LonWorks directory)\NodeBuilder
- Delete the following files in (LonWorks directory)\Bin
- Delete the following files in (LonWorks directory)\NeuronC\Str
- Install NodeBuilder 3.10 Service Pack 3A
- NodeBuilder 3.1
- ShortStack 2.0