After you install the Commission Tool (CT) and you have IP access to the Echelon License Server, you should be able to activate the CT licenses automatically using the Echelon License Tool. CT requires you to activate both a CT license and OpenLNS Server license for each PC.
If you don't have IP access for this PC or you have problems activating the license automatically then you may need to upgrade the Echelon License wizard or manually activate the CT licenses.
Manual activation is accomplished by creating a *.elwrq file with the Echelon License Wizard, which you send to email@example.com. firstname.lastname@example.org will then send you an activation response *.elwrs file which is used for activations. Only one activation file is needed to activate both CT and the OpenLNS Server.
Activating the license over the phone is not practical as the Code, License ID and Signature numbers are too long to usually get correct during a phone call. So even though the Echelon License tool supports phone activation, Echelon doesn't provide Phone activation.
Try the Following:
1. All CT, IzoT Net Server and OpenLNS Server license activation, returns and recovery is done using the "Start > All Programs > Echelon License Wizard > License Wizard".
2. Make sure you have the latest "Echelon License Wizard".
Go to www.echelon.com/support click Software Downloads. Copy "echelon license wizard" into the Search textfield and hit the enter key. Install the latest version.
3. Try automatic activation again using the Echelon License Wizard.
4. Try to manually activate the license using the Echelon License Wizard.
Create a *.elwrq request file send it to email@example.com:
In step 1 Select "Activate product licenses" and click "Next >". In Step 2, select "Work Offline (without connecting to Echelon)"
Activate with *.elwrs response file:
In Echelon License Wizard Step 1, click the yellow "Show Advanced Tasks" link. Select "Process a license response file obtained from Echelon" and click "Next >". In Step 2, browse to the *.elwrs file and click "Next >".
See "Manually Activating IzoT Commissioning Tool" in the Commission Tool User's Guide for more details
5. If you still have an issue then open a Support Ticket at www.echelon.com/support